Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Poetry and Punch

This afternoon we went to school for Nevaeh's Poetry and Punch. For this each child chooses a poem from there poetry book that they want to read in front of the parents/siblings/grand parents. Some were funny, others were confusing.... Nevaeh's made me tear up. Here is the poem she read:
I Love Paige

I love Paige
I love her because she is nice and kind
I love Paige
I love how she is excellent and wonder
I love Paige
I love her because she is a beautiful and caring person
I love Paige

Here is Nevaeh with Paige.

What makes this so sad is tomorrow is Paige's last day here. Right after school they are moving to Iowa. Paige was Nevaeh's first best friend, and a great one at that. I wanted to cry every time I looked at Paige or her mom at school, and all night if I think about it... I tear up. Tomorrow is going to be a waterworks show outside of school where Missy (Paige's mom) and I wait for the girls to walk through those doors and the first thing they ask is if they can play. Thank goodness they are only moving to Des Moines so hopefully we can meet in the middle and take each others kids.
I really hope these girls stay close.. we love Paige and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment