Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend away

Mike and I dropped the kids off at my parents on Friday evening. We then went to Forest Lake to go out and celebrate Jenny's birthday with her (Barrett's God-Father's girlfriend). I was sober cab since I don't care to drink anymore, so I got to drive Jerry's Cadillac CTS... What a great reason to stay sober! We spent the night at their house, got up early on Saturday and headed towards Duluth for softball.

Mike got me a hotel room to relax by myself. I have been looking forward to this for weeks. While we were up north, Mom took the kids to a family friend's birthday party. Leave it to Barrett to sneak out the front door and get to the street where another dad found him, "Is this one ours??" That little boy loves sneaking out doors! On Sunday it was Kayhlen's turn to slip away. Kayhlen went to Target with Mom and they were in the toy isle. Kayhlen was in one isle playing so my mom went to the next isle to look and she kept listening and talking to Kayhlen. Next thing you know, the little monster is gone. All ended in tears after a code Yellow was called. Grandma had a stressful weekend which resulted in ordering beepers that you tag on the kids and if they get a certain distance away the alarm goes off. Damn kids.....

1 comment:

  1. LOL Baby low-jack. Incidentally, I'd love that website where she got them...

    ReplyDelete